blueberry

29 March 2013: Every time that yogurt commercial plays, set to Andrew Bird's 'Orpheo Looks Back' off of 'Break It Yourself', my spine crumbles like a saltine into a bowl of turkey chili. (see it here, if needed:YOGURT)

It's an Andrew Bird thing, not a yogurt thing. 

I do like yogurt though. 

I saw Andrew Bird Live at the Murat Theatre in Indianapolis in September. With only a sliver of hesitation, I can say that it was the best concert I've ever been to. (I've seen a lot of great concerts. If you were to surprise me with a list, I might grow flush and embarrass myself for having played favorites. So for now I'll measure it to a sliver and get on with it.) 

They ended the concert with this sort of impassioned, nostalgic drone captured through their magical loop stations. The entire experience was frozen for our exit. The tweeters were still twirling. The tubes were still glowing. But the band was gone, back on the bus eating meatloaf and playing Settlers Of Catan. 

I couldn't move. 

Maybe the good concerts never end. 

As soon as the band left the stage, the crowd hit their feet and flooded the exits. I felt like yelling for them to stop, 'If you don't leave, we can ride this out forever, here in the Murat!' I felt ready to commit to a life in that drone. For a moment I was like a lunar moth caught motionless in a spider's web. Only this lunar moth flew right in, "why not!"

That's only a sliver as to why it was such a remarkable concert. 

When the companion album "Hands Of Glory" came out, I found the loop at the end of "Beyond The Valley Of The Three White Horses". If you're interested, it's here (the loop eases in somewhere around 3 mins. G-F#-E-D): Beyond the Valley of the Three White Horses.

1 comment:

  1. Greatness is in the details
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbOsaWoTopg

    ReplyDelete